Sunday, January 13, 2019

Warning: Moral & Ethical Outrage Ahead

I am starting this blog to help me heal from trauma, injustice and social apathy.  It started with my husband being attack on September 3rd 2018. At this point I did not understand how broken our system is. It was not until the police, the DDA and the property management company we rent from failed us, that I started to understand the way things really worked. I need this cancerous knowledge out of my head and heart before it consumes me. But first some backstory....

The property management company that rents many apartments in my town have sketchy work ethics and are dangerously flawed with who they rent to and what they find acceptable.  So much that it has become scary dangerous to live here. However falling below the poverty line for our family size hinders many options.

I have three cats that are my light everyday. I take them outside to play in a little grass patch that's right outside my door. We live on the bottom end of out apartment complex. It's set up in a way that there is zero reason for anyone to be in this little area. One day a few weeks before the attack I had been finding cigarette butts piling up in two separate spots in the grass area that seemed to alternate back and forth. I keep all trash picked up in my area all the time so finding these cigarette butts in little piles of 2-5 was really odd. I felt like someone was watching/peeping through our front slider door. Nobody believed me, and one point I thought it was just me being paranoid or foolish.

Fast forward to 5 days before the attack. A neighbor who's kitchen window faces my front door and bedroom window faces the narrow walk way for her building in the back, it runs perpedicular to my little grassy patch. She avoided most everyone (as did I) but came down with her daughter in her arms telling me she just saw a neighbor peeking in our window and was standing near where I had been finding the cigarette butts but she had no idea at the time I was finding them and was feeling like someone was peeking in. I felt validated, like I wasn't just being paranoid. However I didn't take action because I wanted to catch him in the act so I could confront him.

September 3rd 2018, 5:15pm: It's a weekend and we are all at home doing our own things. I look up and see my neighbor peeking into my window from the other side of a bush. I jump up and walk outside and he is walking quickly away from me towards the road and front of the apartment complex. I yelled "Hey!" a few times but he kept walking. At this point we walked to one of our son's bedrooms which face the street and see the same neighbor walking up to my son's window. We open the window and tell him to leave and get away from our kids window. He is talking about how he is looking for his stuff that was stolen a few months ago. Then he started walking down a breeze way that has one entrance/exit. It dead ends near our other sons window. Now my husband is heading outside to confront him. I yelled his full name and to get back into the house, I was scared something would happen to him....I went back in to get my phone and shoes. This is when something really bad was taking place.

Less than 2-3 minutes and I am back outside with my phone and flip flops. I called the onsite manager, and I am not even sure why. but by the time I get to the edge of the parking lot my husband is walking back with the neighbor close behind. He's holding his stomach and I thought that was odd. Then my husband says something that sent chills through my soul. He said, He stabbed me! Call the cops, call an ambulance.....then everything is in super slow motion. You never know how you'll react in situations like this until you're living it. It seemed like a hundred years for me to dial 911. I am going to skip some parts because I am still triggered by them.

My husband was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he got 8 staples and the neighbor was taken into custody. This is where my story truly begins. This is where I discover our system is broken and the property management company is a colossal piece of actual shit!

4 Day after being taken into custody my neighbor is released because no charges were actually filed. It will take me 3 months to get answers to why he was never charged. Meanwhile the property management company whom my husband actually works for also, give my husband the week off, which seems great until we realize that they are going to give him a single paid day and tell us the guy who did it isn't being kicked out as long as he pays his rent. Wow the  blows keep coming. My heartache and pain are turning into seething anger and blind hatred.

Now comes the part where I slowly come undone. The day Dennis (the stabber) is released I grow concerned and head over to the onsite manager whom I will refer to as the little bitch from now on. The little bitch had told us he would be here for us anytime day or night. However the little bitch wasn't home and his knuckle dragging girlfriend was (literally nobody likes this woman). She tells me don't worry when Dennis comes back here she will protect my family, and all I could think of how useless she is on an ordinary day. I wanted to punch her in her mouth, but what I said as I walked away was "For an onsite manager he never seems to be fucking on site" I didn't yell this, but I did say it in a raised voice.

Fast forward to the following day and my husband gets a call from one of his bosses yelling at him to keep me in check and not scream and threaten little bitch and  his girlfriend. I was to not speak to them anymore because I was scary to the girlfriend and little bitch. Firstly little bitch wasn't even home and I threatened nobody and my husband was told we believe them not you and your wife. Now suddenly I was more dangerous than Dennis who stabbed my husband! At some point in the future I will explain why Dennis is never charged. What the property management company does and how they treat my husband and family is what is prompting my blog and my attempt at working through the bullshit and problematic nature and where we live.

The property management company who will be referred to as FP from now on has been slumlords for decades. While Dennis stabbed my husband, the apathy surrounding this event and FP is where the daily hits, kicks and injustice keep coming. This blog is me venting, me sharing the truths as I see them on a daily basis about where I live and FP. It's giving me a sense of control or power, in a place where safety is fleeting and the only thing that matters to FP is money.

No comments:

Post a Comment